Frolic Background

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tomorrow...

Perhaps I was a bit hasty when I decided to start a blog at the end of the school year.  It is the time of year that teachers in Texas hit high gear with TAKS testing and preparations for the end of the school year, and, as a librarian, I help with testing, attend the Texas Library Association convention, conduct a library inventory, and take my Gifted and Talented students on a couple of field trips.  Throw in various school programs, events and field days, and you have a very busy time!  Not to mention that whole single-mom-of-a-ten-year-old-boy thing...

Now, being a librarian, I would like to say that I am very organized and have superb time management skills.  I would LIKE to say that, but it would be a bald-faced lie.  (Hello...my name is Angie...and I am a procrastinator.)  Yes, it's true.  I wait until the very. last. minute. to do almost everything!  I say that I work best under pressure...the truth is, that is the only time that I work!  Oh, I get everything done, and I do it well.  If I have two weeks to do something, though, I will wait until the day before the task needs to be done to tackle it.  That is why my blog has been neglected from the get-go.  There is no deadline.  Therefore, I have nothing to force me to write which means that the ideas that I have in my head never make it to my blog.

I have decided that I am going to turn over a new leaf.  Plan ahead.  Not wait until the last minute.  Organize my resources and thoughts better.  That's the ticket! 

I'll start tomorrow... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment