Frolic Background

Monday, May 2, 2011

Feeling Crafty

So I was feeling a little crafty this weekend.  Now, as I mentioned in yesterday's post, I am a procrastinator.  This idea has been ruminating in my head for quite some time.  The materials have sat on my dining table for a couple of weeks.  Yesterday, I decided that I could spare the whole half hour that these treat/cake plates took to make!

Materials needed:

1 bowl
1 plate
E 6000 adhesive
Hot glue

I started with this:



First, I turned the bowls over, placed a glob of hot glue in the center, and lined the bottom rim with E 6000 adhesive.  Then, I turned the plate over and placed the bowl, adhesive side down, on the bottom of the plate.  Finally, I placed some heavy books on the bowl to weigh it down and let it set for 24 hours.  Viola!  I now have three very cute treat/cake plates!



These are so super easy! You could make these out of any kind of plates and bowls.  I think the summery patterned melamine plates would be really cute!   I can definitely see making these to take places as a hostess gift...possibly with a yummy treat on them!

I am linking up with Making the World Cuter for Making the World Cuter Monday.  Check it out...so many cute ideas over there!  Now if I can just figure out how to put a linky button on here...

1 comment: