Frolic Background

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer Vacation is Here!

Today is the second day of summer vacation (Yippee!!), but it is already super hot and humid...it's 11:30 and already in the upper nineties!  Looks like a good day to take advantage of the air conditioning...


                                                   
Cover image for Fever, 1793
                                                

On the up side, staying indoors will give me a chance to get started on my list of summer goals.  Actually, I am already off to a pretty good start...I read a book!  Yay, me!  I got in late Friday night, but I just wasn't ready to go to sleep.  So, I picked up a book off my nightstand and finished it a couple of hours later!  It was for work - Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson.  It's a very interesting story about the yellow fever epidemic that took place in Philadelphia in, you guessed it, 1793 and how one young girl and the people close to her dealt with the devastation.  Loved it!  I had this one on my "to-read" list because I wanted to make sure that it was appropriate for my kiddos.  One of the great things about being a librarian is getting to read good books and call it work! LOL  Next on my list, an adult book...

I have big plans for the coming week.  Wade, Gran-Gran (my mom) and I are hoping to take a little road trip on Wednesday to have a little fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment